True understanding starts with separating the news from the noise.
Whether you are a client checking in for the latest updates, a potential client looking to learn more or a member of the media seeking information on our team, you’ll find it here. In addition to providing team milestones, we also offer a rundown of the most pertinent and pressing news of the markets.
Mark Smith Named Five Star Wealth Manager 11/18/2013
Financial Times Selects Wealth Manager Mark Smith 04/29/2013
Mark Smith is Barron’s Top Independent Investment Advisor in Colorado 03/25/2013
M.J. Smith and Associates President named Five Star Wealth Manager 11/12/2012
Wealth Manager Mark Smith Teaches Peers, Funds Scholarships 08/14/2012
Barron’s Ranks Mark Smith Top Independent Investment Advisor in State 02/29/2012
Mark Smith Speaks at Investment Management Conference 01/06/2012
- Drew Harper attended the DFA due Diligence conference November 7-8th in Santa Monica, CA.
- McKenzie Ray is attending the T. Rowe Price Symposium conference November 14-15th in Baltimore, MD.
- Mark Smith & Clint Thomas attended the Tom Ricketts to Keynote 2nd Annual Impact Investing Conference on July 21st, 2013
- Miranda Meyer is attending the RJFS Branch Professional Foundations Conference : July 24-26, 2013 in St. Petersburg, FL
- Jerry Gill, Justina Welch and Mike Oserow will be attending the 2013 Central Region Professional Development Meeting on August 7th, 2013
- Mark Smith will be attending the AICPA Conference in Las Vegas, NV May 20th – 21st
- Mark Smith, Drew Harper, Clint Thomas & Thomas Jacobsen of our firm recently attended the RJFS National Conference in Grapevine, TX
- Miranda Meyer completed the Platte River Half Marathon in 2:09
- Mark Smith is attending the ALPG conference in Palm Springs, March 27th-30th
- Mike Oserow and McKenzie Ray received their CFP certification
- Drew Harper became engaged on Sunday, March 3rd, 2013
- Tiffany Charles welcomed her first child: Jack Parker Charles on December 6th, 2012
- Mark Smith trekked the base camp of Mt. Everest in Nepal October 9, 2012–October 23, 2012.
- Tiffany Charles completed a 5k walk for the Susan B. Komen Race for the Cure on October 6, 2012.
- The firm hosted our 30th Anniversary Party and Client Appreciation Dinner in September. It was a great time!
- Welcome Justina Welch as Financial Consultant to our firm. Tina is a Denver native with over 20 years of industry experience. Prior to joining the firm, she was an Investment Counselor for a large global institutional money management company in their Private Client Group working with high-net-worth investors.
- Drew Harper, CFP successfully completed his first marathon by running in the Rock and Roll Marathon here in Denver to support the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
- Welcoming back McKenzie Ray as a Financial Consultant to our firm. McKenzie originally joined M.J. Smith and Associates in 2008 and most recently held an investment related position at a large mutual fund company before rejoining the firm.
- Drew Harper, CFP is bassit for the band Whicker and Pine. The band completed their first Midwestern tour in September.
- Mark Smith, Tom Jacobsen and James Osborne attended the Raymond James National Conference in Florida in May
- Drew Harper attended the First Eagle Funds Due Diligence meeting in New York City in April
- The firm hosted members of the Inner Circle at Coors Field to watch the Rockies take on the Houston Astros in May
- Mark Smith attended a due diligence conference in New York City where he assisted in evaluating the institutional money management arm of Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase and BlackRock.
- The firm hosted our second Lunch and Learn seminar series for clients, attorneys and CPAs.
- Jerry Gill traveled to Europe with his wife, two sons and daughter in law. Their two week vacation included visits to Germany, France, Italy and the Sorrento Peninsula/Amalfi Coast.
- Amber Adams traveled to Puerto Rico with her family for a 10 day vacation.
- Tiffany Charles traveled to Vancouver, B.C. to visit friends and family